More Than Sport™ Festival
2-4 June 2017
This is the inaugural More Than Sport™ Australian 3 day festival!
First things first... we want you to know that in the spirit of a social enterprise, all profits from the weekend will go to More Than Sport™!
The festival aims to do three things;
- To bring together everyday athletes who are ready for some relaxed training, recovery, food and laughs
- To train and 'hang out' with some professional sporting legends who will host some Master Class sessions, chat about their craft and generally relax amongst like minded rockstars
- To access and train in some otherwise unknown spots in the beautiful Jervis Bay that only locals can show you!
With spaces limited to only 60 athletes it promises to be an action packed, relaxing and fun weekend!
Price per person is estimated to be around $497 AUD inc. GST
** As The Everyday Guy™ is an ambassador for More Than Sport™ all profits from the weekend will go towards providing clean drinking water for over 500 people! **
It's a work in progress but, here's what the weekend is looking like so far?
Fri pm - arrive in Jervis Bay, unpack and unwind, relaxed registration and roll call
Sat am - a choice of ocean swim [from a boat] or ride [multiple groups of max. 10 depending in numbers and average speeds] to get things moving.
Sat 'post lunch' - SUP'fest and beach time or try your hand at a 'pace lining' master class
Sat arvo - choice of trail run, functional strength based outdoor boot camp or yoga session
Sat night - The Big Event... Group dinner, Mexican theme [food included] at a local restaurant inc. speakers, silent auctions, music and loads of fun!
We're planning to sprinkle the entire weekend with additional activities such as Master Class with the pro's; pace lining, SUP'ing, more Yoga, Q&A sessions, a boat based ocean swim and more!!
- All attendees will receive a More Than Sport™ T-shirt and cap
- We will provide water safety out on paddle boards during the swim legs and vehicle support for spare kit and refuelling on the bike legs
- The trail runs will feature some elements of foreshore track, the whitest beaches in the world and fire trail. Regular running shoes are fine and, as they will be 'out and back' runs, if you want to reduce the distance then it's easy to do so
- It is not mandatory to participate in all aspects of the weekend - the price however is fixed and inclusive
- As an athlete you will understand that we have no control over the ocean or weather conditions. Safety is obviously of paramount importance and, in the event of adverse weather, we will do everything in our power to create the best alternative plans; training in some form will take place!
- No accommodation or food is included in this offer unless specifically stated
- Sports and Remedial Massage services are available during the weekend at extra cost. Let us know if you would like to us to arrange this as spaces will be limited!
- If partners, spouses or ‘others’ wish to join the keynote addresses and events then we simply ask for a donation to More Than Sport™ at a level of $20 or more per person